Equivalent national qualifications for other countries, e.g. High School Graduation Diploma in India, etc.
English Language Requirements
All students from every nationality are required to prove their English language competence. Even native-speakers of English must demonstrate that they meet our minimum language requirements to gain entry to the University.
Your application generally consists of eight elements:
1) A non-refundable application fee of RMB800. Your application will not be processed unless you have paid this fee.
2) A completed application form.
3) An official copy of Education Qualifications, eg: High school diploma(s) and grade list(s). Predicted grade is not accepted.
4) A study plan that why you would like to study at SNU. In your letter, you need to explain why you want to study hospitality management in China, on the basis of your interests and personal experience and how you would like to get the degree. (Not longer than 500 words)
5) Proof of English proficiency.
6) A photograph.
7) A photocopy of your passport.
The selection procedure takes place in two phases:
1) Your application is checked for completeness and then reviewed. Based on this review you may be invited for an interview.
2) Interviews are conducted by members of the school of Tourism and Hospitality, either in person or over the telephone / Skype. The interview focuses not only on your academic performance but also inquires into your personal interests, background and motivations. The interview is held in English and will therefore also serve to assess your English proficiency.
You have to apply X1 visa for studying China with a JW202 form and a school admission letter. X1 holders shall apply for a Temporary Residence Permit from the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) within 30 days upon entry into China. The temporary residence permit can be issued with validity of 180 days to 5 years.
You may submit the application to the consular office of the Chinese Embassies or Consulates in person. Mailed applications are not accepted and will be refused by most of Chinese embassies or consulates.
The regular processing time is 4 working days. But Express Service is also available.
Please consult with your local Chinese Embassy.